Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hey everyone!! I am going to be giving a sort of summary of what I do everyday on here and sometimes post some pictures but thats about it because Im also going to writing in my journal everyday and I have tons of classes so I dont want to over load myself with things! Anyways, today is Sunday and I actually bought things! It was very weird but dont worry, the sabbath is on saturdays here! cool huh? My friends and I went down to the old city and spent all day there. I bought a widows mite, a nativity set and some scripture carriers! It was so fun. They have so many shops down in the city its crazy, and kind of ironic. I think of how Jesus got mad about everyone selling in the temple and because I think of the city as such a sacred place I feel people are invading temple grounds. Anyways, the people are so friendly and nice. I have made tons of Muslim friends especially this kid mahedeie. He is 13 and has become one of my good buddies. Today I also walked all around the city on the wall. It was so fun but now Im so tired! I am really loving it here and especially loved going to the Garden of Gethsemane yesterday. It was beautiful but I feel as though the place He actually prayed was not in the spot the Catholics claim it to be. I feel like it was on the other side of the mount of olives. I dunno, it just seems more peacful there. Well I have to go! I will keep this posted!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you'll be blogging your experiences on here. It will be great to follow along! :)

    ReplyDelete