Saturday, May 9, 2009


A couple days ago Rachel, one of my new good friends, and I went down to the Red Crescent hospital and we volunteered in the ICU. We got to feed and take care of a bunch of pre mature babies. The one I am holding there was only 2.2 pounds! He was so adorable and so small it was crazy... I felt bad for them and hope they make it. While we were there one of the nurses walked in with a brand new baby that was only a couple minutes old! She cleaned him off in the sink and wrapped him in a baby blanket while he was crying! It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. It was an wonderful experience. Rachel and I plan on going at least once a week. Unfortunately we cant go this week though cause we are going to Egypt very soon and have no time but I am planning on being a regular when I get back=)

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine a better way to volunteer your time than with those sweet little babies! Their precious spirits fresh from the presence of our Heavenly Father bring such a powerful feeling with them. What an amazing experience for you, Krisiti. AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete